Sales Director, Animal Nutrition & Health - LATAM
Balchem Corporation develops, manufactures and markets specialty ingredients that improve and enhance the health and well-being of life on the planet, providing state-of-the-art solutions and the finest quality products for a range of industries worldwide. Our corporate headquarters is located in New Hampton, New York, (Hudson Valley area) and we have a broad network of sales offices, manufacturing sites, and R&D centers, primarily located in the US and Europe. Founded in 1967, Balchem is a publicly traded company (NASDAQ – BCPC) with annual revenues over $700 million and a market cap exceeding $4.0 billion. The company consists of three business segments: Human Nutrition & Health; Animal Nutrition & Health; and Specialty Products. Balchem employs over 1,400 people worldwide who are engaged in diverse activities, committed to developing the company into global market leadership positions. To learn more about our dynamic, stable and growing company, visit www.balchem.com
This role is responsible for the North & South America production animal business. The position consists of regional business strategy development and execution of the full business plan in collaboration with other regions and functions. This position is responsible for the overall commercial activities supporting and growing Balchem production animal products and accounts in the region. Growth and innovation for product portfolio and customer base is a critical part of the role.
- Develop and maintain a three-year business plan including plans for Ruminant and Monogastric product lines, providing clear goals, objectives, strategies, tactics and KPI's associated with plans. Collaboration with Technical Services, Marketing, R&D, Manufacturing and Leadership is expected.
- Maintain and grow Ruminant and Monogastric Balchem ANH product lines throughout the value chain including feed companies, feed distributors, traditional end-users, sales agents and other animal feed producers. Provide product and technical information needed by internal and external customers.
- Work with Regulatory team to develop product registration plan for new and existing Balchem ANH products
- Manage market insights and demand implications to ensure product forecasts are maintained with the supply demand and finance teams to maintain consistent supply & competitive pricing.
- Monitor product performance and customer satisfaction providing technical support as required in coordination with the Director of Technical Services.
- Keep current with market dynamics and respond to accordingly to protect existing sales, grow customer base and capture business opportunities.
- Support Technical Services, R&D, Marketing, other Sales Regions and other functions as needed to support the overall Balchem business.
- Develop volume and sales forecasts ensuring finance, supply chain, & customer service is aligned to support efficient production planning and raw material purchasing monthly.
- Submit and maintain annual and monthly budgets aligned with annual business plan.
- Responsible for Balchem presence and representation at related trade shows, seminars, university engagements and industry related organizations w/in the region.
- Follows all safety policies and procedures including use of safety equipment (PPE) and equipment safeguards.
- Complete all corporate training and requirements on time and within corporate policy.
- Bachelor's degree Animal Science, Animal Health, Nutrition or other related field
- Advanced degree preferred
- Minimum of 5+ years of successful sales experience and the strategic/key account or business to business level. History and track record of success within the region and production animal industry preferred.
- Experience developing business plans, forecasts, budgets and KPI reporting
- Understanding of supply planning and demand planning
- Understanding of marketing as a business function preferred
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively, both written and orally in English and Spanish
Balchem is committed to a workplace culture that values and promotes diversity, inclusion, equal employment opportunities, and a work environment free of harassment and hostility.