Dietitian - Lvl IV
About NYC Health + Hospitals
NYC Health + Hospitals/Jacobi is a 457-bed teaching hospital affiliated with the Albert Einstein College of Medicine. The facility has earned numerous Center of Excellence designations, accreditation, and recognition for its renowned Level 1 Trauma Center, Burn Center, Surgical Intensive Care Unit, regional Stroke Center, Snakebite Treatment Center, Breast Health Center, Bariatric Surgery Center, and Cancer Service. The facility also offers the region’s only multi-person hyperbaric chamber, allowing up to nine patients to dive together at one time. Jacobi’s Ambulatory Care Pavilion is a stunning complement to its inpatient acute care, allowing staff to provide patients with high-quality service in a modern, state-of-the-art environment.
At NYC Health + Hospitals, our mission is to deliver high quality care health services, without exception. Every employee takes a person-centered approach that exemplifies the ICARE values (Integrity, Compassion, Accountability, Respect, and Excellence) through empathic communication and partnerships between all persons.
Check us out online:
Responsible for meeting the clinical nutrition needs of the outpatient population through screening, interviewing, assessing nutritional status and providing nutrition counseling/ education. Under direction, participates in and/ organizes plans and/or directs outpatient activities. In addition to performing the duties of the lower assignment levels at a more difficult and responsible level
- Conducts nutritional assessments. Interviews clients and/or their families to obtain history of food habits and preferences
- Interprets pertinent laboratory, physician and social data in medical records
- Prepares client nutritional care plans
- Counsel clients and/or their families in the preparation of specific therapeutic or modified diets at home
For appointment to Assignment Level I
1. Baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university, with a major in Dietetics or Foods and Nutrition in a program approved by the American Dietetic Association (ADA); or,
2. Registration or eligibility for registration by the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) as a Registered Dietitian or New York State Certification as a Dietitian-Nutritionist.
For appointment to Assignment Level II
1. Registration or eligibility for registration by the CDR as a Registered Dietitian or New York State Certification as a Dietitian-Nutritionist.
For appointment to Assignment Levels III and IV
1. Registration by the CDR as a Registered Dietitian or New York State Certification as a Dietitian-Nutritionist.
Special Note for Dietitians assigned to Post-Acute Care (Long-Term Care) facility:
Under the Medicare and Medicaid Programs, Reform of Requirements for Long-Term Care Facilities, as outlined in Section 483.60 of Title 42 of the Code of Federal Regulations all newly-hired Dietitians, Levels I-IV assigned to a Post-Acute Care (Long-Term Care) facility, are required to have New York State Certification, issued by the New York State Education Department (NYSED), as a Dietitian-Nutritionist at the time of hire. Dietitians, Levels I-IV hired prior to November 28, 2016, assigned to a Post-Acute Care (Long-Term Care) facility are required to obtain New York State Certification, issued by the NYSED, as a Dietitian-Nutritionist on or before November 28, 2021.
Experience in Nutrition Counseling
Tour 2: 8:00am-4:00pm
How To Apply
Please be advised that proof of Covid-19 vaccination is required prior to hire.
If you wish to apply for this position, please apply online by clicking the "Apply Now" button or forward your resume, noting the above Job ID #, to:
NYC Health and Hospitals offers a competitive benefits package that includes:
- Comprehensive Health Benefits for employees hired to work 20+ hrs. per week
- Retirement Savings and Pension Plans
- Loan Forgiveness Programs for eligible employees
- Paid Holidays and Vacation in accordance with employees' Collectively bargained contracts
- College tuition discounts and professional development opportunities
- Multiple employee discounts programs