Mental health associate
Purpose of the Position :
Under direction of the Assistant Vice President and Director, develops, plans, directs, coordinate, monitors and evaluates the Mental Health Continuum Program.
Provides administrative oversight of the Mental Health Continuum, a collaboration between the Office of Behavioral Health at NYC Health + Hospitals (H+H), the Office of School Health and Climate at the NYC Department of Education (DOE) and the Bureau of Children, Youth and Family at the NYC Department of Mental Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH).
Through this collaboration, we will develop and implement a Mental Health Continuum to support the behavioral health needs of students in designated high-need neighborhoods (South Bronx, Central Brooklyn) in schools without on-site mental health services.
General Tasks and Responsibilities will Include :
- Formulate and develops methods and procedures for monitoring, evaluating, and operating this program.
- Provides direct supervision and mentorship to the Assistant Director, Coordinating Managers, and other support staff.
- Works closely with the site-based leadership to advise and provide consultation.
- Collaborates closely with partner agencies including DOE and DOHMH.
- Assists in developing and fostering relationships with the schools and Community Based Agencies.
- Works closely with collaborating agencies, participating in meetings and conferences with key leadership.
- Provides Quality Assurance; plans, organizes, directs and monitors quality management and performance improvement initiatives that indicate quality, safety and fiscal performance.
- Assists with reports on operations and makes recommendations regarding policies or procedures to facilitate improved services, increased patient satisfaction and better patient outcomes.
- Effectively communicates and administers policies and procedures, and ensures compliance with these policies, as well as applicable city, state and federal regulations.
- Participates in the recruitment of staff associated with the Mental Health Continuum.
- Monitors, reviews and evaluates the work and job performance of staff, provides feedback and recommends personnel actions to maintain high standards of clinical care.
- Assists in data collection, analyzing and reporting : and other duties as assigned.
- Performs special assignments as directed.
1. Master’s Degree in Public Administration, Public Health, Health Care Specialization, Social Work, Psychology or related field; and
2. Three (3) years of increasingly responsible experience in hospital or regulatory agency administration, with particular emphasis on development and evaluation of mental health delivery services; or
- Strong clinical and communication skills, and ability to work in a fast-paced environment required, as well as effective time management skills
- Licensed Social Worker, Psychologist or Mental Health Counselor
Knowledgeable In :
- Project management
- OMH regulations for behavioral health services
- Knowledge of City systems
- Knowledge of child system
Last updated : 2022-11-24